Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bienvenido Nicaragua!

It has been a little over 24 hours since I have been in the beautiful country of Nicaragua. I flew in last night and the scene was amazingly beautiful! The lights of the city were blinking down below the airplane and there was heat lightning that lit up the whole sky and you could see the reflection of the sky on the little rivers that were on the outskirts of Managua. It was a scene I cannot fully describe. As I flew in the song on my iPod that played was For the Honor by Elevation Worship and the two things (the scene and the words of that song) almost put me in tears. It was beautiful! I have met many people already and I am currently at my host family's house. They are so kind and considerate. They said that anything in the house is mine, like it is at my real house in Florida. The thought that they open their house so willingly is so touching and amazing. It reminds me of God's grace. He opens up his arms to us when we are hurting and any time of the day we may need him, and these people have taken me under their wing to call me "their daughter". I feel at home, but also saddened at the thought of not being able to see my family whenever I want. I hope that the time difference allows for talking to be possible. I know it may be hard, but we have a 2 hour time difference for now (until savings time in the US comes around). I hope to make great relationships and make many new friends. I have so many clothes and things to sort through and put in proper drawers and organize. I have a place to work out and I can play soccer at least once a week. Every Thursday we have devotions in the morning at the CFCI base house and it is the only time I am sure to have air conditioning once a week. Everything else is either outside or fans may cool you off. Not being able to flush the toilet will be something I will have to get used to again. I have loved every meal since I have been here! The first restaurant I went to when I arrived last night was called Tip Top (the comparison of Chick-fil-A in the US). They greeted me with the best meal! I was so excited! Thank you all for keeping me in your prayers! Please pray for calmness and courage to do things I am scared and nervous about. The whole culture is new and sometimes a little overwhelming, but with God, I will be comfortable and feel more at ease. I thank you all for your continued support! The CFCI directors are all so helpful and willing to help me with anything I need. I got a phone! If you want to call, it has an international cost and you have to dial 001-505-825-88499! Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment